Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Refrigerator Tips

Our reliable buddy in the kitchen, our REF. I was browsing through the net and I happen to remember one dilemma I have. Since we still have the old 'manual' refrigerator, doing the defrost was really an inconvenience. Gosh, just imagine having to defrost the unit once a week since it accumulates too much ice in the freezer. Oh well, I guess I will just have to live with it, until we get a new one... which would probrably be months from now. Sigh! Anyway, here are some tips I collated for getting the best performance out of your refrigerator:

* Defrost freeze compartment whenever frost builds up to 1/4-inch thickness.
* Open and close doors quickly. Remove or return several items at once.
* Defrost frozen foods in the refrigerator. It's safer. Thawing items also absorb heat from other foods to reduce refrigerator running time.
* Keep condenser coils clean by regular vacuuming. Dust acts as an insulator that can cut down cooling efficiency.
* Replace worn door gaskets. Keep a good, tight door seal for best operating efficiency.
* Install your refrigerator away from the range, direct sunlight, registers, radiators, or any other heat source.
* Fill refrigerator to capacity for best operating efficiency, but do not overcrowd or block air circulation.

Patience is a virtue, I know. Wait till I get the new 'no-frost' one. :-)

0 Comments:

ss_blog_claim=31b47ad7cb111442459bb593432a0013