Friday, August 22, 2008

Beef Caldereta

One of my special favorites. I prefer the meat with less "litid", since I like it all tender. To get that ideal tenderness of the meat, I use my ever-dependable pressure cooker. I pre-cooked it for about 45 minutes and it was just perfect!

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 kilo beef
1 small can, liver spread
1 small can, cooked green peas
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup cheese, (cut into small subes if not quick-melt)
2-3 pcs. potato, sliced
1 pc. medium carrot, sliced
1 pc. medium red bell pepper, cut into squares
1 pc. medium onion, sliced
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed and sliced
salt to taste
chili powder (optional)

1. Pre-cook meat until desired tenderness. Reserve cooking liquid.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sautee garlic, onion and bell pepper. Follow meat.
3. Pour about 1 cup of the cooking liquid and add in carrots and potatoes. Add the cheese. Make it to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add liver spread to the concoction and follow the tomato sauce. Add salt according to taste. Add more cooking liquid of desired, and simmer for a few more minutes until vegetables are tender.
5. Add a dash of chili pepper, if using. Pour cooked green peas just before serving. Serve hot.

1 Comment:

LOREN said...

Caldereta is my favorite dish, and also my hubby's.. I love the "litid".

ss_blog_claim=31b47ad7cb111442459bb593432a0013