Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stir-Fried Veggies

This is my version of my hubby's favorite Yasai Itame. Yes, it's a japanese recipe usually with some added meat and basically the same ingredients. I wanted to go plain veggies this time, but you can always add in beef or pork cutlets. Since it's stir-fry, you don't need too much cooking time till you get it to the dining table.

INGREDIENTS:
4-5 cups bean sprouts (togue)
1 medium carrot, cut into thin strips
3 leaves cabbage/chinese cabbage, cut into strips
1 medium white onion, sliced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat butter in a pan. Sautee garlic and onion.
2. Add in carrots and follow togue and cabbage. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and adjust according to taste.
4. Let it simmer for a minute and transfer to a serving plate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I hopped over here from Blogcatalog (the mom group), and it didn't take me long to figure out you're my hero.
We're having Hamburger Helper for dinner tonight.
Yech.

dHomemaker said...

thanks for checking.. and nice to know that i have helped you in my own little way.. :-)

ss_blog_claim=31b47ad7cb111442459bb593432a0013